At Pacific Coastal Properties we pride ourselves in our comprehensive property management services where we treat your property as if it were our own. Our full service management starts from the inspection of your property conditions and offering our advice as to how to maximize the safety and rent ability of the premises, and:
1. Screening of prospective tenants. Checking credit history, references, and background. Haphazard screening and tenant selection too often results in problems – a tenant who pays the rent late or not al all, trashes your property, or lets undesirable friends move in.
2. Well written leases. Getting all the important terms of the tenancy in writing, beginning with the rental application and lease or rental agreement, including addendums that address important concerns.
3. Handle security deposits properly. Using fair practices in setting and collecting security deposits. Inspecting and documenting the condition of the property at move-in and again at move-out, to avoid disputes over security deposit returns after the move out.
4. Repairs. Addressing maintenance issues as they arise and make repairs as needed. If the property is not kept in good repair, good tenants will be alienated, liability issues with the tenants can arise, and market value can deteriorate. Our experience is that offering the properties in good condition to tenants attracts higher quality occupants who take pride in their home.
5. Provide secure premises. Assessing security of premises and taking reasonable steps to protect it.
6. Provide notice before entering. Respecting tenants’ rights to privacy. Providing as much notice as possible, at least 24 hours minimum notice required by state law, except in an emergency.
7. Obtain proper insurance. A well-designed insurance program can protect you from lawsuits by tenants and from losses to your rental property caused by everything from fire, floods, and storms, to burglary and vandalism.
8. Emergencies. We have a 24-hour emergency line.
If you are interested in the possibility of Pacific Coastal Properties managing or leasing your property, please fill out our management inquiry form and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.